"Wings are for flying, not frying."
Who likes Cauliflower? I imagine YOU will after eating these! 😍 I know many veggie enthusiasts have created their own version of ‘cauliflower wings’ already, but mine are ideal if you prefer to go without those extra calories from added butter or flour. I tried several different methods to cooking them before nailing this one. The recipe delivers the perfect amount of tenderness and crispiness our taste buds are craving.
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- Frank’s sirracha hot sauce
- 1 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 1 tbsp. Clubhouse roasted red pepper and garlic seasoning salt
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- Place florets in pot of boiling water for 3 minutes
- Drain water, remove florets from pot, and blot dry with paper towel.
- Mix coconut flour/egg white/seasoning salt/ flaxseed/ curry powder (leave out hot sauce)
- Place florets in medium size mixing bowl and pour mixture onto all pieces, coating them evenly.
- Set oven on broil
- Place tin foil on baking sheet and coat with non-stick cooking spray
- Place floretes in oven on top rack for 8 minutes, while flipping the florets half way through cooking process.
- Remove from oven
- Place cauliflower in mixing bowl again and drizzle hot sauce over top (over 2-3 tbsp) stir to provide even coverage
- Replace tin foil and reapply non-stick cooking spray
- Place florets in oven on broil for 6 minutes, flip half way through cooking process
- Remove from oven and allow time to cool down
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce or all by itself, and enjoy! 😁
175 calories per serving
20g Carbs 6g Sugar 19g Protein 11g Fibre