"Love and pancakes are basically the same thing" 💕
Peanut butter & raspberry pancakes
This week has been a rough start. I’ve caught this awful cold. 😷 I feel like crap, which means I want to eat like crap! I woke up this morning and debated driving to get chocolate chip pancakes from my favourite diner. 😍
I decided not to though, mainly because I'm too lazy to put clothes on, and look reasonable enough to drive over there. 🙄
Regardless I couldn’t get the idea of PANCAKES out of my head! What I really wanted was a treat, that I wouldn't feel bad about eating after. I wanted to create something healthy and low carb but most importantly; satisfying and yummy. I struggled with the ingredients at first, until ten pancakes later 🙄 I perfected an amazing texture! I think you’re going to love it!
- Coconut flour
- Ground flaxseed
- PB2 peanut butter
- Egg whites
- Unsweetened cashew milk
- Coconut oil
- Truvia (low calorie sugar substitute)
- 1 medium banana
- 1 pint of raspberries
- sea alt
Pancake Mix recipe
Grab your favourite mixing bowl, and start stirring!
- 2 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- ¼ mashed banana (recommend but optional if you prefer fewer carbs)
- 1/3 cups egg whites
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened cashew milk
- 1 tbsp. Truvia; sugar replacement
- ½ tbsp. coconut oil
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 tsp. sea salt
Raspberry sauce recipe
- 1 pint of fresh raspberries
- 1 tsp. of Truvia (sugar substitute)
- 2 tbsp. of water.
How to prepare this Deliciousness..
- In frying pan; add raspberries, water, and sprinkle Truvia on top for extra sweetness
- On medium heat let simmer until raspberries turn into a mushy sauce
- 1/4 of banana sliced on top
PB2 peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. PB2 powder
- 1 tbsp. water
Super easy.. mix water and powder together. Add more if you're crazy for peanut butter, like me (this stuff lasts a week tops in my kitchen) 🤐
Follow along with me
- Set griddle at 350 °F
- Spray non-stick cooking spray on griddle
- Divide mixture into 3 pancake portions
- Flip when bubbles appear in pancake (that’s when you know it’s perfect)
- Remove pancakes from heat, and start loading the topping on!
- Add PB2, banana slices, and raspberry sauce (recipe above)
271 calories per recipe 18g Carbs 12g Protein 3g Sugar 8g Fibre
"Today I'm going to have pancakes, with a side of more pancakes"