I must admit; I have been obsessing over this recipe. It's at the point where the first thing I do when I wake up is make myself a cup. I love standard hot chocolate, but I can’t afford the calories for as often as I want to drink it! There’s 200 calories in a standard cup of hot chocolate. That’s not including the fancy kinds from Starbucks. A grande hot chocolate drizzled with chocolate syrup and topped with whip cream is 400 calories, and 43g of sugar! Well, guess what? This recipe has 4 simple ingredients and only 57 calories with 0g of sugar. It’s also dairy-free and vegan. If you sip on these during the holiday season, you’ll have no reason to ever be feeling guilty.
- 1 and ½ cups Unsweetened cashew milk (I prefer cashew because it’s the creamiest)
- 1 tbsp. Truvia sugar substitute (liquid stevia works too)
- 1 tbsp. Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt (I prefer Himalayan pink salt)
- Put cashew milk in a pot on high heat
- Once cashew milk begins to steam, add sugar substitute, salt, and dutch process cocoa powder.
- Remove from heat, and stir until cocoa powder is mixed well
- Put in favourite mug, and enjoy!
Optional: If you like cinnamon, sprinkling a little on top, and add coconut whipped cream, it is delicious!
57 calories per serving 0g Sugar 5g Carbs 2g Fibre 2g Protein